We are delighted to announce that on 25 January 2014 we shall be hosting at St Paul’s Hammersmith our first ever Worship for Everyone conference in partnership with Rachel Turner’s Kids in Leadership movement. It’s something we’ve dreamt of doing for some time and feel truly excited as we prepare and plan for it.
What’s it all about?
Well, as you may be aware by now, we have a passion to see God’s family worship together with one voice. We love children being present. We love their freedom and inhibition before the Lord. We love to learn from them. We recognize how valuable it is for children to see adults worshipping – modelling praise, adoration and surrender before God. We also know it is difficult. So many churches give up due to lack of resources, lack of vision or lack of fun and meaningful experiences! So our hope is that this conference will encourage, inspire, connect us with one another and help you to become a Worship for Everyone pioneer back in your own church and home.
We’re also delighted to be partnering with Rachel Turner who runs the Kids in Leadership Academy. We feel a real synergy between Worship For Everyone and Kids in Leadership – which is about releasing children to participate in the life of the Church and learning to work side by side as one church.
Who’s it for?
This is a unique conference that is aimed at both adults AND children. We will be worshipping together, praying for one another, and having fun as one big family of God. There will be separate seminars aimed solely at worship leaders, church leaders and children’s workers, as well as seminars aimed at children and parents and more, but we will aim to be together as much as we can!
Come along to experience Worship For Everyone
So, parents, come and bring your children with you (school years 3-7 (ages 7-11) and grow in your faith together as a family. Church leaders, come and share your hopes and frustrations, strengths and challenges. Children’s workers, come and meet others, get inspired, grow your all-age worship back at base. Worship leaders, come and hear why we think we need to bring children back into the mix – in how we lead, in how we songwrite, in how we prepare. Teachers, come and see how we can get worship going in our schools and toddler groups.
What will the day involve?
There will be 2 main all age sessions of worship, teaching and ministry together. Then there will be a whole host of seminars – some for children – releasing them in leadership gifts and others aimed more at adult practitioners: worship leaders, children’s pastors, teachers and ministers. Hopefully there will be something for everyone and plenty of time to meet, chat and ask questions.
The conference will be held at St Paul’s Church, Hammersmith on 25 January 2014.
£5 children, £10 adults, £25 family ticket (2 adults, 3 children).
FULL PROGRAMME: (update 12/12/13)
10.00 Welcome & Worship (Nick and Becky Drake)
Opening Session: Side by Side (Rachel Turner)
11.15 Coffee and juice
P – parents; W – worship leaders; CW – children’s workers; K – kids; CL – church leaders
- Nick and Becky Drake: Vision & Leading of Sung Worship For Everyone (W)
- Rachel Turner: Parenting Children for a life of Purpose (P/CW)
- Lynn Alexander: The Theology of Worship for Everyone? (W/CL/CW)
- Matt Harding & Clemmie Briance: Worship in Schools (CW)
- Kids in Leadership: Prayer Ministry (K/P/CW)
- Kids in Leadership: Small Groups (K/P/CW)
- Kids in Leadership: Key Worshipper (K/P/CW)
- Nick and Becky Drake: Songs and Songwriting for Everyone (W)
- Rachel Turner: Releasing Kids in Leadership in Churches (CL/CW)
- Lynn Alexander: Worship For Everyone at Home (P/CW)
- Matt Harding & Clemmie Briance: Top tips for Planning & Leading Worship for Everyone Services (CW/CL)
- Kids in Leadership: Prophetic Art (K/P/CW)
- Kids in Leadership: Audio/Visual (K/P/CW)
- Kids in Leadership: Guardian of the Playground (K/P/CW)
14.30 Main Session 2: Worship (Nick & Becky Drake)
Testimony, Teaching & Commissioning (Lynn Alexander)